Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Backseat of my jeep: Lets swing an episode"


100% Random Ramblings

Time to switch gears and make some random ramblings about what happens in my 4X4… I like music too much and the best time to unwind is when I am riding in my ride with the system on full, so this post is dedicated to my man, Hussein Al Jasmi (left). This is not a diss, or a rant just a kind of a friendly warning. Something lighthearted...

Everyone with taste and style likes this man and everyone without taste and style also likes this man because he deserve to be liked. Ask any Emirati about Mr Jasmi (or even any khaleeji) and they will give you the thumbs up about this man.

I love this guy because Mr Jasmi is one of the UAE’s brightest stars. His big chubby self is always smiling and his songs know how to make you feel good, especially when you think it is time to wake up the neighbours with some hib-hob khaleeji songs when you are driving through some remote Ajman suburb at 1:28 am in the morning, in a drop top convertible...with the volume up to 10 ;-).

But Mr Jasmi I am asking you…

No…

I am begging you please, please, please loose some weight now. Everytime I watch one of your video clips I get scared that you are going to drop dead in the middle of it from a heart attack. Dude! You Are To Fat! Walah its not healthy and I think you are symbol of a wider obesity problem we have in Dubai and the rest of the GCC. This is a bad situation and also embarrising. Ya3ny its almost embarrising as the rising levels of homosexuality being reported across every expat’s favorite Emirate Dubai. Infact you can even say it is even more embarrising because there are people in other parts of the Muslim world who are dying from hunger. Infact while I am on this subject of the fatness of people in any society, i am thinking that this is perhaps a symptom of something greater and when I think about this quote below ...I think about Dubai:

The goal of every culture is to decay through over-civilization; the factors of decadence,--luxury, skepticism, weariness and superstition,--are constant. The civilization of one epoch becomes the manure of the next.


Anyway I have gone way way of my subject and so I will get back to Mr. Jasmi. If I was still doing my diss list you would have been at number # 11 with a diss called Fat People: You Take Up To Much Oxygen, just to be cruel.

But that would not be fair on you Mr Jasmi, because when you do your RnB Khaleeji thing you make the rest of us khaleeji wannabi-thug types look cool in our tinted out SUV’s and matching kandooras. No?

So habibi, lose some weight. Please…about 550lbs should do it and keep on doing what you do best.

Apart from Mr. Jasmi, who else keeps the neighbors up when I am driving through their neighbourhood at night? Well every month when I get afflicted with bloggers block, instead of writing poetry and silly limericks like Secret Dubai I shall publish my Jeep Play List. It’s a bit like Secret Arabian Journal I’s Blogging Around The Gulf…but actually interesting ;-)

Local Hero’s thugged out playlist for April:

1) Hussain Al Jasmi : Basy
2) Abdul Kareem – Anta Habibi
3) Sahih Sa’ad:
Taj Al Galal
4) Toi – Everytime
5) J Lo and Fabulous- Get Right {I’m sorry but it has nice beat even though she’s a b!tch;-( }

6) Hind: Her whole new album but especially this.







Delete the songs after listening to them.
Ok? ok.