Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ketchup




This is part1 of a brief roundup on all the subjects I would of talked about in the past 4 months I was away. Call it ketchup, ya3ny catch-up ;-) Get it?... OK whatever… anyway….

Denmark

I am going to offend a lot of people here, but I have to say that I like my Danish Cheese so fcuk anyone who tells me that I can’t eat it. I would also like to say Fcuk you Spinny’s and Choitrams with your little displays of ‘cultural sensitivity’. Fcuk you with your, ‘oh we don’t sell cheese from Denmark’.

Tell me why didn’t you sell Danish cheese? Was it because your board of directors were all so personally offended by the cartoons of the Prophet Mohamed (SWS) or was it because you were afraid that people will stop buying from you, period: ‘Cultural Sensitivity’ translated from English to Arabic = Fear of lose of Revenue. Really not impressed with these fcuking hypocrites with their cultural sensitivities because the last time I checked, they were still selling Pork at the back of their stores…

As for you Muslims boycotting Danish goods? Please GROW UP! Ya3ny America and Israel are a tag team that has done so much more damage than the Danes have ever done but you still want to boycott their cheese.

Why?

Coz they are an easy target that’s all. You want to impress me. Boycott friends, Macdonald’s Britney Spears and all the other stuff, you bunch of hypocrites! Don’t tell me about the insulting of Prophet Mohamed (sws) is the reason why it should done, coz episodes of the South Park and American television Evangelists are saying things far worse than what I have seen in those cartoons but yet I still see you drinking the Pepsi and eating the KFC.

One last thing directed at the Muslims. Would the Prophet Mohamed react the way you reacted with the burning down of embassies and the harming of innocent lives. This bullshit of collective guilt is alien to our religion. Its stupid to blame all Danes for the Cartoons as it stupid to blame all Muslims for the actions of Bin Laden.

Before I end on this matter I have to follow Nomaadic’s comment on the role of the media in all this. This wasn’t so much about a cultural event as it was a media event. Sparked by the media and then stoked by the media, and because people have become so illiterate and have little ability to think a full thought through coherently they automatically see opposition to the cartoons as an attack on the freedom of speech. Ya3ny what is the point of freedom of speech if you don’t know how to speak. Like one sheikh said… freedom of speech is all fair and lovely if you know how to use it, but screaming ‘fire’ in the middle of a crowded cinema is hardly a responsible application of freedom speech if all its going to do is cause a panic and get people hurt or even killed. Use it responsibly.


Syriana

Good film. But today I will spear the UAE bloggers from yet another UAE bloggers view of Syriana because so far the reviews I have read have all been crap; especially this one... Tell me. Are any of you Bloggers, with your education and ability to form a sentence capable of creating at least one original thought in your head? Ya3ny is the ability to make a coherent argument that is not based on what TV channel you use to get your news from possible for you people? Please a review of Syriana is a review of a movie for its merits, not another chance to slag of the liberal lefties or Arabs or anti Bushites.

My review is non partisan. What I saw when I watched Syriana was a complex film about how a CIA hit man screws up in Iran over a missile that should have been dealt with, how the US Government then distance themselves from him when an Iranian agent in Lebanon nearly blows his cover on an assignation attempt on a Khaleeji prince, and then finally how that missing missile at the beginning literally comes back and bites everyone on the ass in the end. What an excellent thriller. The acting was good. The directing was good. The story was good.

Whether you agree with the politics of the film or not you have to give credit where credit is due. The people who have a problem with the film probably couldn’t grasp the story the first time round as it requires a lot of thinking as not everything is spelt out for you in bright clear letters. It is this same category of people who couldn’t understand the 5 minute scene between the Architect and Neo at the end of the Matrix: Reloaded nor the script for Space Jam.

My only problem with Syriana is that Star Trek guy’s guthra. Who did they get to do it for him? Coz it look lopsided most of the time.


J Lo in Dubai

Jennifer Lopez is coming to Dubai and she’s a B!tch.



...Well, there’s nothing much else to say on that subject…except that Robbie Williams was in Dubai aswell and he’s gay. So I guess they should both feel right at home here.