Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Propose: Videe’hoes

After reading the responces in the previous post and thinking very deeply about what I should rant about next, I consulted with my wife and then her father, then went to the local imam at my masjid, and even stop the police driving by. So I have decided that every now and then I will write some propositions, that can help make the world a better place ;-p These are the I Propose Selection :-

Because I take this blogging thing seriously I had to be sure about what to write next and then the answer came to me in a vision (ya3ny it wasn’t a vision but actually a video). After absolutely enjoying a Diana (someone make her local quick) Hadad video on the telly, (not the new polished one with Cheb Khaled but one of her ‘awkwardly funny’ khaleeji videos, because we all know that it is written in music video law that all traditional khaleeji video clibs must be awkwardly funny) another khaleeji video came on that had some plump women dancing together at a restaurant while some greasy fat guy in a red shirt made a fool of himself.

What was bad was that these women were gigging around so much that I thought their breasts were going to fly out their dresses! But before this post begins to sound like one of those misogynistic ‘Freedom of Speech’ blogs you can find floating around the UAE bloggasphere written by some of the other locals, I have to say that I am only talking about the booty in these video because I am concerned.

Khaleeji music video’s used to be nice wholesome experiences filmed on someones expensive camcorder and only featuring a group of guys lined in a row waving their rifles or canes. Now they are beginning to look like 2Live Crew videos and before you know and if nothing is done about it then today it will be women swinging their hair back and forth and tomorrow they will be kissing each other and bouncing their bootay in some thongs!

Now don’t read this blog and say ‘Oh Jassim you have lost the plot. Common! Khaleeji videos with the thongs? It will never happen!

Ya3ny. I have counted at least 5 videos where the tittys were barely concealed in the first place. Now they are daring to go that one step further with a little too much jigging around with unsupported breasts. Where would it all end??

I propose we go back to a value system that states that being an attractive woman does'nt mean you have to be professional at shaking your booty and that respect and modesty should be something we hold on to.

I also propose free bras..to support these women who feel they have nothing else going on in their lives accept to swing their hair and shake their ass.